Cash is the life blood of your business
In the current climate of economic uncertainty it’s vital to get a grip on your cash flow management. You need to know how much cash your business has now, and is likely to have in the medium to long term. My cash flow management service is based in Keighley, West Yorkshire – a cloud resource you can access any time, anywhere.
Cash Flow Forecasts
Cash flow forecasts are a useful evaluation tool for your business. Your cash receipts and expenses over the last 12 months will provide enough data to generate a cash flow forecast for the next 12 months. You can use it to inform your decision making –
- How long can you maintain normal commercial operations?
- Do you need to raise prices or find new customers?
- Are you able to reduce or eliminate expenditure items?
My cash flow forecasts help you see what adjustments you need to make to maintain profitability and stay in the black.
Getting customers to pay you on time is an important part of the cash flow management process. Collecting the sums due will be easier if you have a credit control policy and avoid common invoicing mistakes.
Poor credit control creates a poor image and causes payment delays your business cannot afford. I can help you avoid this problem with a credit control strategy and invoices and statements that are legally compliant, easy to read, ready for scheduling and emailing to customers.
Other Income Sources
Always be looking for other sources of income.
- The UK government has made a range of grants and loans available to businesses affected by Covid-19, for example.
- Limited companies conducting research and development may be eligible for R&D Tax Credits.
- There may be local authority grants and other funding available to eligible businesses in your region.
- Consider selling any assets you’re not using if you can’t otherwise rent, lease or loan them to other businesses; even if you have to sell them below their book value it’ll improve your business cash flow in the short term.
Maximising your income is much easier when you have an accounting professional looking out for you.
Worried about your cash flow?
Let’s work on it together